Young Audiences of Western New York Arts Partners for Learning Initiative Work Sample List
Image at right WNY Book Arts Project with Bennett Park Montessori students, grades 7 and 8
School Programs Work Samples
1. Buffalo Architecture Foundation Brocton High School, Chautauqua County, Grade 5. Multimedia projects coupled with case study and planning & reflection tool.
2. Squeaky Wheel and Global Concepts Charter School student, Erie County, 7th and 8th grade. Multimedia animation created by student coupled with case study and photos of students working on projects.
3. Shakespeare in Delaware Park with Henrietta G. Lewis School, Niagara County, grades K-12. Photos of students in the classroom performing
Professional Development Work Samples
1. What Arts and Cultural Organizations Need to Know About Working with Schools. Led by Sue Lawkowski, Executive Director, Administration and Operations, Erie 1 BOCES, Leigh Lawrenson, Arts in Education, Erie 1 BOCES, and Michele Agosto, Supervisor of Curriculum in Art, Buffalo Public Schools.
2. An Introduction to Developing Curriculum Guides and Lesson Plans, led by Nancy Spector, Associate Curator of Education, Albright Knox Art Gallery, and Tiffany Vanderwerf, Curator of Education, Buffalo Zoo.
3. Opportunities to Help Teachers Address Common Core Learning Standards, presented by Julie Jackson-Forsberg, founder and Managing Director for Critical Thinking Works and Managing Director of Student Learning and Achievement for Public Preparatory Network.